Total gastrectomy

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi,

I had a total gastrectomy, some of my oesophagus removed, a splenectomy and lymph nodes removed, 6 weeks ago. The last couple of days I’ve been really suffering with sickness and diarrhoea. I get up in the morning and I’m sick, although nothing comes out it’s just the retching. Then when I eat it happens again. The doctor has put me on pancreatic enzymes creon, not sure if this is the cause. I have chemo starting in less than 2 weeks to mop up any cells left behind. It’s fab that I’m cancer free just want to know if anyone out there can help x

• Hi,

I’m sure I can help having gone through a similar operation myself.

happy to chat about it

best Wishes

Debra

Debra
    Stomach cancer survivor
    There is always hope, you just need to open your eyes and heart Slight smile
  • Hi dbc and Sunflower, 

I'm seeing the oncologist Tuesday, I have stomach cancer too, I had my first round of chemotherapy a just over a month ago and unfortunately it triggered a heart attack, so we're going straight for surgery, I had a ct scan a couple of weeks ago so everything crossed that it's not changed much xx but I'll be have a total gastrectomy, if you needed a chat im more than happy to,

Sending best wishes to you both xx