Stomach cancer....Gist

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I’m due to have surgery for removal of a GIST, a Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour. I’m told my surgery is likely to be keyhole. Is there anyone out there who has experience of this type of surgery? The questions I’d love to ask is : How many days were you in hospital? How unwell did you feel once at home? How did you manage with your food and medication?

I ask these questions as my partner has just had keyhole surgery to remove a tumour on his lung and he has been extremely unwell since leaving hospital. It may well be that lung surgery is very different from stomach surgery, so advice would be most helpful.

• Hi

I don't have any experience with keyhole surgery for a GIST but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I've had a look through the previous posts and found that the most recent post regarding keyhole surgery was from . I have tagged them into my reply to you so hopefully they'll pop on and tell you about their dad's experience with this form of surgery.

Wishing you all the best 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you Latchbrook for taking the time to research earlier posts. I am now in touch with GIST.org.uk, who will I hope be able to provide some answers to my questions.

• That's good to hear

Wishing you all the best with your surgery

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"