One Year after sub total gastric surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

Last year my dad was diagnosed with gastric Cancer  stage 2 he went through a long journey starting from the surgery the doctor removed the lower part of the stomach after the surgery went through radiation and chemo therapy almost 8 times everything was fine and he was doing well but after a year and couple of months he started to get troubles with eating, he can't complete a meal at the first few bites he throws up and we go to see many doctors and they assured that he'd no physical problems. 

Throwing up at every single meal makes him very weak and he'd stomach pain.

My question is it normal to be like this and what do you suggest 

P.s he has diabetes 

Thank you very much and happy New Year

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your dad can't keep food down and that he has stomach pain. This must be a very horrible situation for everyone.

You say that he has seen many doctors and that they say he has no physical problems. What do they say is causing these problems then? Also has your dad spoken to his consultant or has he just been to his GP? If it's the latter then I'd recommend he contacts his CNS today for advice.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"