Finding the right oncologist

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hi everyone, I am hoping you will be able to provide some pointers:

In the space of the last month, my 70 year old mum has gone from having sharp stomach pains, to having a total gastrectomy 10 days ago and a diagnosis of T4N0M0 for stomach cancer. 

She had surgery quickly in Paris and now we are looking at wider options to find the right oncologist. The hospital team that operated says they think she will need 6 months of FOLFOX but will need to find an oncologist. 

She is recovering well from surgery so far.

I am sure there are many super knowledgeable people here so any recommendations, and suggestions of what questions to ask/things to look out for within the choice for the next stage of treatment would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much!

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

I'm not a member of this group so don't have any experience with stomach cancer but I noticed that your post had gone unanswered.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the other group members will be able to suggest an oncologist for your mum in Paris as Macmillan is a UK based charity and most of the members are based in the UK. Do you have anything similar to this in France so that you can ask about finding the right oncologist?

I don't know if the treatment for stomach cancer is the same in France as in the UK but asking questions is universal and this link will take you to some questions you might like to ask about treatment options.

Wishing you and your mum all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"