new member(stomach removal)

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi every one 

I'm lou and I'm 17 

Two days ago I had total pelvic exentration and kidney removal

In my op they found out the cancer is in my spleen and my stomach so they will perform another surgery to remove them 

Just wanted to introduce as a new member

Have a nice day every one

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lou

A warm welcome to the community but so sorry you’d found your way here. 

I have a rare cancer, pmp, that had spread throughout my abdomen and so have had a very similar experience to you surgery-wise. I’ve had a partial stomach removal and I’m doing ok with how things have changed. There is life after a surgery like that. 

I know you’ll find lots of support here so keep in touch and ask all the questions you have. 

I wish you all the very best with your further treatment. 

Cassie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi cassie

Thank you so much for you information and warm welcoming

My cancer is somehow rare,in pelvic,liver,right kidney and spleen and stomach and I have to have all that organs removed(partial for liver and stomach)

And sorry for your experience

I will keep in touch here and thankssssss..

• FormerMember

And your surgery is totally as same as mine i dont have those organs now as same as you 

Really happy to find somebody with same experience

Do you mind if I ask my questions sometimes from you??

• FormerMember

Hi

You’re quite welcome to ask me any questions you have. I will do my best to try and answer them. 

Have you had a primary diagnosis? As you’ve read, mine was thought to be ovarian cancer before I got my diagnosis of Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. 

Speak soon. 

Cassie xx

• FormerMember

Hi again 

Thanks for your support

Yes mine was thought to be womb cancer stage 4 and told me to have pelvic exentration but in my surgery they saw the sign of cancer in liver kidney and spleen and stomach they removed liver and kidney in my surgery which was 2 days ago but will remove the spleen and stomach in may and do chemo and radiothrapy 

And they are not sure if they can do the stomach removal partial they are examing to make sure maybe they have to remove all of it I also have permanent ilostomy and colostomy and surgerical menopause(I told them all because I read yours sorry if i spoke to much)

• FormerMember

Hi

You seem to be doing well so close to having had surgery. I wasn’t with it for days. 

I wasn’t expecting the partial removal of stomach but I am a year down the line and getting on well with it. If you have the surgery, full or partial, you will hopeful get lots of support from your local healthcare team too. Hell with food choices and so on. There are many people here who have had the same and similar so I’m sure that will be helpful too. 

Make sure you are resting to help with your recovery. 

Cassie xx

• FormerMember

Hi thanks for your nice information and support and great help

Nice to speak with you

Hope that we can speak some times...

Good night