Is this cancerous?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi, 

I have had this mole for over a year now and it's getting bigger, currently bigger than the end of a pencil and has started to become darker and raised.  It's on my lower torso and I am a 29yo male.  It would be good to hear an opinion so I don't waste the drs time.  I am fit and healthy.  I have had the mole for over 2 years but has changed rapidly over the past year. 

Thanks in advance, 

• Hi 

Welcome to the online community 

It's always a good idea to see your GP if you notice any change to an existing mole. They won't think that you're wasting their time.

Before Covid you would normally see your GP straight away but they might ask you to email a photo of the mole you're concerned about first. Then, if they think a dermatologist needs to make a decision, you'll get a referral for the mole to be looked at in more detail.

Do come back and let us know how you get on with your GP. 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi 

Did you manage to make an appointment with your GP today? 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Yes I have an appointment with the dermatologist on Friday, I will keep you updated.  Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. 

• That's great that you're able to see someone so quickly

Community Champion Badge