Travel insurance for carers

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 17 subscribers

Hi, l am the principal carer for my terminally ill sister. I booked a far—east cruise for my family 3rd-16th February 2020 having arranged alternative carer cover. I have just today discovered that my existing travel insurance will not cover this trip as l took it out prior to my sister's terminal diagnosis. I desperately need cover today as most insurance companies have a 14 day pre-travel clause. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your sister is terminally ill. It must be very difficult for you all.

I assume that what you're looking for is travel insurance that will cover you if you need to cancel because of your sister's illness. 

This thread from a month ago would connect you with a couple of people who are looking for the same type of insurance as you. I don't think that they have been successful yet as travel insurance usually only covers the people travelling and doesn't include those not travelling but you could respond to their posts and ask.

Have you had a chance to look through the Members Stories thread yet as that's where you'll find the majority of recommendations for travel insurance? Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there if you haven't looked yet. 

Please come back and let us know how you get on as this is a recurring question but so far no one has actually come back to tell us whether they have been successful or not.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"