Possible Insurers

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi guys...hope you're all well!!

I am really hoping you can help me out! We are considering booking a family holiday for July/August time but my dad has recently been diagnosed with stomach cancer Disappointed relieved 

We are looking to find insurers who will cover us if we have to cancel due to my dads ill health. Most insurers only cover for those included in the party rather than close family.

Apparently there are some out there but so far I've had no luck finding them! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated xxx

• Hi

I'm glad to see you've joined us in the travel insurance group. You may remember that I pointed you in this direction from New to the Community.

Have you had a chance to look through the Members Stories thread yet as that's where you'll find the majority of recommendations for reasonably priced travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there if you haven't looked yet. Unfortunately, there aren't any there where other members have got the same time of cover as you want but the travel insurance companies mentioned would be a good place to start.

You might also like to take a look at this recent post from who is looking for the same type of cover as you. She was going to contact BIBA (British Insurance Broker's Association) to see if they could help.

You say that there are travel insurance companies out there who provide this type of cover so it might be an idea to ask the people who've told you this for the names of the companies.

It would also be really useful if you could come back and let us know if you're successful as quite a few people pass through here wanting cover for non-travelling family members but have never come back to tell us if they got cover.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"