Insurance success

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

For the last week I’ve be been calling insurance companies going through the trauma of explaining my complex medical history to companies including Boots, All clear and Stay Sure as these are the ones that commonly featured in posts. I have to say Boots was the most complex, I had to declare my BC journey even though it was over 12 years ago and they asked what type of surgery I had and details of the surgery in a way no other company had. However I called Aviva whose screening covers the last 12 months other usually 2 years. As my BC was over 12 years ago it was not considered as I’ve been long discharged from that clinic. I could not get annual cover but got single cover for £121.30 where others were unable to provide cover and the cheapest other quote was just shy of £600 for the same period. I do appreciate that every situation is different however, I would recommend AVIVA not just for the price but because staff are patient, calm and do their best to provide you with cover.

• Hi

I'm so pleased to hear that your perseverance has paid off and I hope that you have a lovely holiday!

Would you be able to add your recommendation of Aviva to this thread please as they are not a company that's been recommended before.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, I spent the day yesterday trying to sort out taver insurance for myself following a cancer diagnosis. I had a left upper lobectomy end of April, no further treatment required, but some won't insConfusede me because it's to soon after operation. Others were extortionate, could buy a holiday for what they quoted me. So just going to go with EU card and hope I an OK. I just think it's ridiculous thatConfusedfter everything you go through with cancer, you can't get a holiday that doesn't cost a fortune. ConfusedConfused

Kenzie
  • Hi 

That must be very disappointing for you. I presume that you tried all the companies recommended in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread.

I'm sure that you're aware that the EHIC card only covers you for travel in Europe. On the NHS website it points out that it's not a substitute for travel insurance as it doesn't cover such things as needing to be flown home, cancellation of holiday or lost and stolen property and it's is not valid on cruises. Also, depending on when you're planning to go away, they're currently advising that if the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 31 October your access to health care may well change.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"