Help to find travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hello I have recently been diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the jaw... apparently only four people a year in the whole world are diagnosed with this type of cancer in the jaw!! The cheapest quote for Costa Rica is £515. Could anyone recommend any good travel insurance companies?

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with osteosarcoma of the jaw but pleased to hear that you're planning on going to Costa Rica. You might like to take a look at and possibly join the bone cancer group.

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not click on the link I've created which will take you directly to it.

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the dates of your treatments to hand along with details of any medication and any future planned treatment.

I do hope that you can get insurance and that you have a lovely holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"