Help/advice please

• 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi All

Please could any of you wonderful people help me. I recent!y found out that I have an incurable and inoperable GIST (Gastro Intestinal Stromal Tumour) and am about to start a treatment of regorafenib (stivarga) think that's correct spelling. I have taken Imatinib and Sunitinib in the past and have had quotes from Insurewith and Boots who were both really good but when I try to enter the new drug on the form it cannot be found. Is anyone out there taking Regorafenib and if so have you had any reasonable travel quotes. Many Thanks xx

• Hi and welcome to the travel insurance group

Most forum members recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier than trying to complete an online form, especially if what you want to input isn't in one of their drop down lists.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you to it and you might find some companies that you haven't tried yet.

I do hope that you can get some reasonably priced travel insurance

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• HI , unfortunately finding reasonably priced travel insurance for a cancer patient can be more difficult than it should be.

We always recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to do it online. 

We also have this thread Recommended Travel Insurance where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? Just clicking on the link I've created will take you to it and you might find some companies that you haven't tried yet.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

How did you get on phoning the travel insurance companies that have been recommended in this group?

I hope one of them has come up trumps!

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

Thanks for the email have not had chance to phone at moment just had a rubbish few days with bad news from clinic and been really down. Will try again when my heads not such a shed. Thanks again. 

Shal
  • Really sorry to hear what a rubbish time you're having at the moment . I've just read your profile and can understand why travel insurance is probably the last thing on your mind.

Sending supportive ((((hugs)))))

Community Champion Badge