We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Carers only

Looking after a loved one with cancer? This is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions. Please remember when posting that this group is for Carers only.

Work

Jake23
Posted by

My husband  has terminal  cancer and I work in a care home that has the virus and so I am not going into work because  if I catch it and take it home it will kill him.What are my rights  at work under these circumstances.

LoobyLou49
Posted by

Hi , I've found this page which seems to give the clearest guidance and this one is the government page with the most comprehensive advice. I hope this helps.

LoobyLou
If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

Sunflowers15
Posted by

Hi Jake23, I am in same situation work in care home doing nights husband has an incurable cancer currently stable but with body hammered from treatments and other health issues is very high risk as your husband. I have now been off over 2 weeks with an additional 2 weeks off from dr due to myself been unwell with chest infection, claiming SSP. Want to go to work when the additional 2 weeks end but feel I cant, dont feel it would be safe due to husbands high risk. Did you find an answer in regards to the current corona issue or is the best route to try and get signed off on stress because I am stressed and at least we will have some form of income. It is so hard to find a black and white answer, have read endless information trying to find a solution.