FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 30 subscribers

It’s a really bad day 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone 

Thankyou You are all amazing 

so I am going to not go to work for now taking next week off then 2 weeks Easter break taken some pressure off of me so taken your advice being kind to me  work did phone after I complete lost the plot on wed so now a occupational therapy assessment also sent me link for some mindfulness mental health classes I did smile thinking I must have made an impression but I know it comes from a good place going to try to get myself some motivation to do something but not very driven at the moment so counsellor sending me some thinks to ti chi used to really benefit from yoga many moons ago so finally got my new glasses so no longer in prescription sunglasses lose so many things at the moment 

hugs to you all I read somewhere it’s not good days or bad days just days going to try to use that x it still crap but might help me to take the pressure off to do x 

• I gave yoga a go but couldn't get into it, I've tried meditation as well but my mind drifts off,  hope yoga helps you a bit,  love and hugs to you  xx

• Jane, my apologies but I’ve just read this message tonight. I’ve read your profile and tears streamed down my face as I was reading your story about your wonderful husband and best friend. My last few hours with my wife were lovely in comparison to yours as I held her hand during her last hours and although you may not have made it to him before he passed, I know that he knew you would have been with him in spirit, and it wasn’t your fault that it happened so quickly nor was it his. It was his time to pass on at that moment and sometimes we can’t do anything to change it, but one thing I can say is; that he’ll always be around you as its evident from your beautiful words about him that you loved each other dearly and like me with my wife that love will last forever more. And like you, I just don’t know how I’m going to live life without my best friend by my side. God bless you x

• Hi MyPineapple and all,

As for going back to work, I really needed to go back to work as soon as possible after Paul's death. Being incredibly busy outside of the home with helping other people was the only thing that got me through these first few weeks, well, the main thing anway, family and friends were important too but work was definitely the main thing! But we are all different and have to find what works for us.

Love and a big hug

Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.