Thank you

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 21 replies
  • 29 subscribers

My husband died on 19th February. I read the posts on this site and am very grateful for everyone who shares their experiences to help each other. I don't expect to post again as I don't find it easy to express things but I really appreciate all the help on here to support me through these days 

So thank you 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Yes, I think the point of this space is that we all suffer in different ways, much as our loved ones did. There wasn't enough time for Andy to really take it in that he was dying, if I had told him to "let go" he would have twigged and had a terrible shock! I had to just tell him to relax and rest a bit. I have had an easy time of it compared to most of you. I've said it before here, but I am not missing a piece, or feel like I have lost a limb or anything, Instead, I have lost every other layer and am left with an outer shell that seems the same to most other people. Diminished but still existing. I still have my horrible sense of humour. I can be happy, still, but no joy. No one sees me in the same way he did, nor do I want them to. xx