Optician Visit Tears

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello everyone.  13 months down the line from my lovely wife Lynn’s passing, lately I’ve been okay, not cried for weeks in fact best I have been.   
So far so good until I visited the opticians for an eye test, the only shop open in view amongst a dystopian feeling deserted town.   

Whilst waiting for my appointment quite out of the blue I felt an intense feeling of loneliness bringing on tears by the bucket, things improved little sitting in the opticians chair. In hindsight shouldn’t of gone.  My trigger I recon was looking for Lynn out of habit, she’s not sitting by me, looked around, can’t see her anywhere?  Does time make things easier to manage, I thought I was getting better.

Thank you for listening, just wanted to tell someone what happened.

Peter xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dutsie

Hi Dutsie,

You hit the nail on the head an immense wave of sadness, that’s how it feels.  At home, walking my dog and local stuff I’m absolutely fine and get by without a tear, my issue is visiting places Lynn and I went too as a couple.  Even mundane trips. Now when I visit or have appointments on my own it feels really daunting and doesn’t take much setting off my tears.  When Lynn was alive and having treatment I made it my business, pushing for treatment and in the doctors faces daily trying to extend her life since I wanted her to live so so much.   

Peter xx

• I get that Peter. The mundane things. I was in B&M today ...a horrid place with fluorescent lighting full of crap! But a place Dave went to enjoy getting shit to give to people as presents! I couldn’t breathe in there!!!