Today is farewell for my Lesley

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I went down to the funeral director on Saturday as he was a friend. He has let me do the whole start to finish for her.  When Lesley was in his care he let me clean her face from the blood where the cancer was and spend time with her that day.  I chose the coffin and waited until that came to dress Les in her favourite leggings and a jumper which she looked gorgeous in. I put my t shirt under it to keep her warm.   With a pair of slippers that she liked to wear around the house. I got help from our son to lift Les into the coffin which took its toll afterwards on our mental health but I placed her favourite marigolds gloves with her sprayed some perfume her favourite and said I’d be back.  Saturday just gone I went to see her for her final chat and placed a love letter which she could read while waiting for me.  I sprayed more of her perfume. Kissed her head and rested my head on her chest for a while  I was ready to place the lid on the coffin.    Since then I’ve lost my temper feeling life isn’t nothing to live for.   I’m hear lying in bed dreading to get up my thoughts of not being able to ever see her again is overwhelming  she has a lovely service our daughter has prepared a presentation of her life and just that alone means an end I have a step daughter which has ruined our grieving process she has been such a bitch no one could write it.  I be had to ask police for help but that’s another story.   Today is about les and I hope we are strong enough to get through it.    
thanks for  being there.  Mark. X

• Thinking of you Mark

Virtual hugs

x

• Hope all goes well with the funeral. 

Step children are not without their problems!!! 

Take care

Love Alison xxx

• Thinking of you, this is the last thing that you may do for them, you will get threw today what ever it may take,

We have all been where yo are this moment in time,  Ellie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ellie 73

Thanks x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kenickiesmum

Thanks x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

My thoughts are with you. I’m 11 weeks in so these memories are still very fresh for me too but if it helps for me it has already got a little less painful. I still can’t imagine a future without my amazing husband but my way of dealing with that is to just deal with the present day and what I will do to get through it. Ignore anything last that if you can. Life can be short as we’ve all learnt so I don’t always think there is a point in looking too far into the future anyway, far better to live in the present. 

You have made your ales proud and taken amazing care of her. True love never dies and she will always be in your heart and mind. No consolation right now I’m sure when all you want is to have her physically with you, but hopefully in time you will take comfort from the care you gave her and the love you showed her.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Pray tone3