166 Days...

• 11 replies
  • 28 subscribers

So much has changed, is it really just 166 days since I lost my beloved husband?  It feels like forever since I  hugged him, shared a smile, a kiss...

In that short time I have had to say goodbye to him, sort the paperwork and officialdom, clear our home, dispose of everything except photos and a few little bits, put the house on the market and move 3 hours drive away!!  

I miss him so much and I yearn for my old life with him by my side.

I'm trying so hard to be grateful for my new home, getting used to sharing a new house with family.  But I feel like the merry-go-round needs to stop and let me get off back to my old life. The life before my husband's cancer, before pandemic rules relegated cancer to 2nd place in the eyes of NHS.  Back to the life I shared with my husband ... we were supposed to have many more years ahead of us ♡ 

166 Days ....  I  need to go back. 

• Hope you get a visit from your Robin Kenickiesmum. ♡

I went to a funeral once and a Robin flew inside the church as the coffin entered then spent the entire service perched on the coffin, much to the mourners and the Vicar's amazement. Just before the service came to an end the little bird flew round the heads of everyone, landed once more on the coffin... then flew out the door!