I'M THINKING THIS MIGHT BE MY LAST POST. Im just being polite.

• 37 replies
  • 30 subscribers

DEAR ALL,  Where has the soul gone out of our site?  There was a time when many of our  threads went on almost forever Smiley So many people contributing. It was so inspiring.  Now all  I see  is  loads of folk reading  messages but for reasons of their own they just  keep  themselves to themselves?   Very few responses,  maybe 14 or so at the best of times.  Believe me I'm not judging anybody I just wonder why things have changed? At the current time time - and speaking personally - I'm communicating in a far more meaningful and understanding way from a few bereaved people on Facebook Messenger. Maybe its me being a man? Maybe you girls click better on bereavement. Anyway I wish everybody well. I'll pop in occasionally as any individual posts seem appropriate. Love you all xxx.  

• Hi all, 

I can empathise with all the posts so far. Its 20months now since losing my sweet Anne. The denial and the  guilt have been worked through although I experienced very little anger. What I'm left with now is that massive void, that massive vacuum inside that can never be filled and never will be. Its like I've become only half a person. I fill the days with essential work and chores only. Ive no interest any more in my old hobbies and interests. These days I escape from my life reading books and watching TV plus recieving and sending small talk on social media sites until blessed sleep takes me completely away from this world at night. Some days are more tolerable than others and yes I can laugh when the occasion tickles me. After 50yrs married to my soul mate I cant see anything changing and I dont think I want it to. To 'move on ' as they say would devalue the memory of my sweet heart and I cant let that happen. Even at 75yrs and to my surprise and irritation I was hit upon on line by a 77yr old single woman who, without going into details, made  it plain she wanted some kind of relationship. YUCK! That will never happen. It took me ages of polite communication to try and get this message across but sadly in the end I had to tell her straight then blocked any further messages from her. Anyway enough of this!  I basically came into let you all know I'm still around Reading your posts and I'll pop in again as appropriate. Love to all. 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Yuck!! You’ve just made me smile Geoff, I’m not doing much of that lately so thank you! BlushX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Geoff, that just goes to show how some people just don't get it! I'm with Pineapple on this one - hilarious, and thanks for sharing. I am giggling away now on this Saturday afternoon, even though it has taken me 5 hours to get out of bed. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Geoff Tis good to hear from you just keep plodding through my friend,you are a good man hopefully things Will get easier you must miss Anne it's so amazing  the void of loss Sorry , anyway your back making us smile and laugh , thanks geoff , James 

• Hi Geoff,

Great you're still with us!

and thank you for sharing this story. I think sometimes we do need to spell things out to people because otherwise they don't get it. Well done.

Love, Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• hello and glad to have you here and please post when ever you feel like it. Love and hogs. Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff

Reading your post has made my day Joy

Leigh x