Funeral

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 15 replies
  • 26 subscribers

So had funeral yesterday just one big blurr felt  numb the whole Time but today just like when Keith died all over again all to real 

• So sorry...we arehere for you xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sarah 21

Hi Sunsarah,

Im so sorry. I was the same, my husband’s funeral was on 8 Jan and like you the next day was like he had just died again. I spent the first few days after the funeral unable to control my emotions at all, crying all the time and at my lowest. It’s over a week now since his funeral and I still cry every day, generally when I least expect it, but not as bad as those few days.

We all react differently and I think there is no right or wrong way to my grieve. For me I find the best thing is to acknowledge and be open about how I’m feeling, good or bad. This is the worst time of our lives and all we can do is just face each new day as it comes, what’s the alternative? And let’s just cross our fingers that one day (far away) we may be able to find some happiness again in our lives, and learn to live with the loss.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thankyou sorry not much support to anyone else just know how you all feel and it’s crap 

but send you all the biggest hugs 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Just the fact that I know others feel as wretched as me actually supports me, sounds awful to say that! But somehow I just don’t feel quite so alone. 

• Totally agree with you!

Another awful Groundhog day today x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sarah 21

Yes, I’m currently sitting here at my dining table, dressed but with absolutely no idea what to do with my day now. I’ve spent the last year juggling work and caring for my husband. Now I’m doing neither and I feel totally lost.

Doesn’t help that it’s grey and wet outside either, but my doggie needs walking so that will get me out.

Hope you are all doing okay today and at least managing to function at the very least.

• FormerMember

If you have family or friends rely on them for the time being. Now is the time to accept any help and physical support. 

And you are so right Sunsarah - it is crap . . .

• FormerMember

Hi Frank T,

Ive read your profile and I’m so sorry for your loss. The pain is overwhelming and we will never get over it, just hopefully learn to live with the loss in time.

I was also my husband’s ‘second time around’, we had no children of our own but I have known and loved my two gorgeous stepchildren for 23 years. My stepdaughter is my closest support and I don’t know what I’d do without her and her husband. We also welcomed our first grandchild last year, my hubby luckily spent time with him over the last 6 months. We are also expecting a second grandchild later this year which my husband knew about, but sadly will not get to meet. He was just 52 and had so much more life to live Cry 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all 
    sending you all hugs had to go out today do a few things I’ve been putting off ended up in tears at post office asked what was in package was a death certificate and marriage certificate so not a great start but for me I am so anxious about being out so just haven’t been going Haven’t been out alone at all on a positive at least I got dressed x