Covid and funerals

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 27 subscribers

So I am sat here think since when do you have to invite people to a funeral 

I am just feeling like I am totally letting my hubby down and the whole restriction are just crap 

It’s just putting pressure on me I don’t need or want 

And nothing can prepare you for the overwhelming grief and sadness can’t do anything haven’t moved off the sofa for a week can’t talk to anyone just can’t cope with there comments and how are you 

just lost 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kenickiesmum

Yes I think I may well do the same. Have absolutely no intention of holding it together. I’ve even passed my personal words to the celebrant to read out tomorrow as I know I won’t be able to do it. My daughter has done the same. We’ll be sitting together in a total mess x

• I hope tomorrow goes ok, thinking of you xx

• I hope everything goes as well as these awful occasions can tomorrow.. Don't  be hard on yourself, your family will know you've done your best in these Covid times. 

Funerals in masks are not the easiest.. I wept buckets which all seemed to end up pooling into my mask.  

Love to you and your family

Sending you a big {{hug}} x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pooka

Thanks all x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sausagedog1

Thanks all. As you have seen by now I post a lot as need to just get my thoughts out, so no doubt I’ll be back in tonight once it’s all over xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sending big hugs and love xx 

• FormerMember

Sending you hugs and love xx

• FormerMember

Well that was without doubt the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my life. My nerves were in tatters all morning and when the hearse pulled up outside my daughter and I fell to pieces. But we all held it together for each other and the service was beautiful. It was small and intimate and the eulogy was exactly how we wanted it as was the music. My husband would have been proud of us I’m sure.

Im now just left with this totally hollow empty feeling inside. Like it’s hit me again that I’m all alone from now on. And I have absolutely no idea how to get through the rest of my life without him.

Just feeling completely lost right now 

xxx

• Dear Bramblejoo, there’s nothing I can say that will help that pain go away but I’m sure that you and your daughter put together a service that reflected the strong love you shared and what an amazing man you have lost. 
    Like you, I’m not sure how I’m going to face the future without my wonderful man by my side. But I must try because that’s what he would want. But it’s oh so hard. 
    Take care, take each day as it comes, each hour if that works better for you and hang on. This forum is such a support and there are people here who are, in some way, sharing what you are going through.

xx