Husband died yesterday

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 18 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Just sitting here lost hubby died yesterday am 

He was diagnosised 18 months ago with metastatic prostrate cancer celebrated his 60 birthday in July so in Oct started chemo found braca gene so tried a new one doing really well 

then 4 weeks ago started to become vacant it was in his brain spent a couple of weeks in hospitals and 5 days radiotherapy to his brain  got covid no symptoms fell broke his leg couldn’t see him so arrived home Christmas Eve 

he came  out a different person so shocked and went down hill so quickly I know his cancer wasn’t curable but the sudden decline and the changes in him mental because of brain mets I found really difficult and why give treatment 

I have never felt such sadness it’s heartbreaking 

• I know exactly what you mean, I was looking through my diary to transfer birthdays etc and it was full of hospital appointments, chemo, scans etc, so sad Cry xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sarah 21

Sending you big hugs right back 

• So sorry to have to say "Hello" to new members who have  joined during the past few days... I say sorry because that means more of our beloved partners have been taken by this cruel bloody disease.

I returned home today from being with my daughter for the past week...(she refused to let me be alone at christmas and new year as I think she was worried what I might do).  But coming back into the house was horrible..like losing him again. I've been trying to tell myself that he's been working and I would see him when I went home.

I've  just changed the calendar and like others on here  have looked at last year's. Mark was diagnosed on New Year's Eve  so January was filled with appointments for scans, xrays etc  this year is a bit fat blank just loads of "This time last year memories" 

How can we be left with this awfulness ... does it last forever?  

• This goes out to all of you guys who have recently lost your special person...

The light at the end of tunnel now is a tiny pinprick, but it will grow be it slowly and the dark and gloom will lift.

Please give yourselves permission to grieve, permission to feel awful, permission to tell the rest of the world (including me) to sod off.

However please also give yourselves permission to hope, permission to smile, permission to allow yourselves time and self care on this dark and sometimes back and forth journey.

Also give yourselves full permission to do things your way and remember the good times....

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Well said mccmcc Thumbsup you are so right Slight smile

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

Thank you for those words. It’s reassuring hearing that from others who know how it feels. I’m currently at the angry phase for being left, even though I I now my hubby desperately fought to stay. Also guilty phase for having reasonably okay days just 3 weeks in. 
    x

• That is so true Mccmcc. I have certainly found that.

The tunnel is long but I have found some light now 

Love and hugs to everyone and so sorry for your loss Susannah 

Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sarah 21

Sending you the biggest hug back Sarah xx