The group I never wanted to join...

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 21 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi all, 

Well firstly I confess I have been reading quite a few of your posts recently in this group so I apologise. I did this as my hubby has been so poorly and I was desperate for inspiration to find some way of deal with what I knew was to come. Now my story...

My gorgeous strong lovely hubby and best friend passed away this morning. He was 52. He was diagnosed with advanced stomach cancer xmas Eve last year and prognosis was never good. But he was a strong man and managed almost a whole year before finally losing his battle.

He deteriorated a lot this past couple of weeks and although we always wanted him at home he went to hospital yesterday to have a drain fitted with an overnight stay to keep an eye on him as they knew how frail he was. He got through the night but passed this morning peacefully with no fuss and just the nurses caring for him. Not me and his lovely kids crying at his side and having to deal with strangers coming and taking him from our home. 

I feel numb right now. I knew this was coming and saw how poorly he had got but you’re never really prepared are you? I have no ideal how I will do this but need to find some strength.

So I wanted to share this with those who understand and thank you for reading. I already miss my soul mate and best friend x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pooka

Hi Dollytot,

I am so so sorry for your loss, this really is such a cruel disease. My lovely hubby passed just two days before yours so we are at the same stage. I know it is so hard and on top of trying to grieve we also have to deal with the official stuff which just feels so wrong.

I agree with Pooka, I’m sure your daughters feel closer to their dad just by being by your side, I know my stepdaughter and I feel that way. It’s like we are’s till giving each other that link to my husband and keeping him close to us as all we do is talk about him all day. We are therapy for each other.

Take one day at a time and just let yourself feel however you feel, there is no right or wrong.

x