No email to tell you some one has replied

• 11 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Has anyone else had this problem I now have to log in every day to see if someone has replied of is it just me

• There has been some quiet spells lately I thought. I took to reading posts from ages ago I'd missed the chat!!

Slight smile

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi what would be really important for me to know is, have you seen my messages here recently? Because I have noticed that nobody has ever replied to me but then I thought that it is maybe because I answered posts and my answers were often quite short?

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Reading your message makes me think that perhaps I have had this problem. I have been writing replies here recently and was always surprised that the people I was writing them to didn't get back to me. Don't say we have to log in every time now to see whether there are replies! I thought we get every update in a group sent to our inbox?

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Hi Mel, just thought I’d reply to you so you could test it out Slight smile I’ve only recently started revisiting this forum and am surprised at how little is going on on here compared to this time last year when I joined.

It’s a shame because there was some good posts/posters like yourself 

• Hi Mel I see your messages but usually if some one comments I get an email I haven't had one for 2 months now the only way to see a message is to log on each day I have asked about this problem but not been sorted yet 

Ian
  • Hi Newb

I dont pop in much these days because of what you said.

But I did find the Sue Ryder site far more active and communicative. However I was kicked off because in a moment of  grief, anger and despair I responded PRIVATELY  to one of the moderators in an insulting way. So they cancelled my account. I sent an apology but recieved no reply. Such is empathy?  However it is a more active site than this one. Just don't rock the boat. 

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Yes I have asked about emails but still not received any so I guess they are not on the upgrade I have gone onto sue ryder more responses and also more people 

Ian
  • Hi everyone, I don't think we have to log in every day to see replies. You can set your profile preference or account preference to receiving every update and then you always get an email once somebody posts on this forum and that includes your replies replies to your posts. Hope this helps.

• Still no luck on emails deleted things when asked reset unrest but still no emailsConfused

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

God I hope it works okay! I am very new here and desperate for replies!