Something always throws you!

• 7 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I feel I have made lots of progress recently. I managed to scatter Ric, redecorating, sorted memories ..... I still miss him and there will always be a huge part of my heart with him.

There have been a few family issues with his sister passing in August and it was claimed that his only surviving sister wouldn't pay for her funeral. This sister had not spoken to me since Ric's diagnosis but I took the bull by the horns and phoned her yesterday. This was not true and she has been laid to rest. His surviving sister had a break down and ended up in mental health hospital. She has lost both her parents, her brother and now her sister in under 3 years! I cleared things up with her and I am glad I did. I was also warning her that Ric's children have turned evil. They are going to contest Ric's dad's will, accuse me if having money belonging to their dad and are going to sue me! 

I met Ric when he had nothing, was about to be made homeless and he came to live with us. His children had abandoned him many years before and had little to do with him until he was diagnosed. I own my previous martial home and I never changed the deeds as it is my children's inheritance. I worked very hard to keep the property at times and cleared all my first husbands debts. Whilst I was married to Ric I kept him, he never worked. He was not really fit enough and had not had great health. 

When he was diagnosed Ric told his children this and there was no money. He was not in his dad's will as such. He was left a few thousand which covered his funeral and bills. He had no insurance or anything. This was not an issue and I just cleared everything. Now yesterday I am being called all sorts of various versions of bitch, money grabbing and his son is going to make sure he has everything he is owed!!!! Ric had no Will, our bank account was joint and only a few possessions. I gave his kids a lot of treasured items from there dad and even some ashes. This is how I am repaid. They were fully involved in his funeral too which I paid for! 

I have cut ties now and blocked them. I don't need it! But to say I am hurt and angry is an understatement. Ric had asked them only a few weeks before he died not to do this. I guess he knew them! He would be furious. 

Why do people behave like this? Surely letting their  dad rest in peace is most important

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• This sounds so upsetting on all fronts - and hurtful - hope you have support and allies -  

• Hi Akela2516 welcome to the forum and I am so very sorry for your great loss in the first instance.

I don't know why people behave like this but what I can say with some certainty is that this is not unusual following a bereavement where there are merged families as an example. It is more common than many of us know and I can relate to the nastiness when someone dies as I dealt with my fathers estate and we were both estranged from my sister. 

The  best thing I can suggest is to keep your head high and try as best you can to ignore these horrible things being directed at you not easy I know but in your heart of hearts you know what Ric wanted and you also know that he would have been sad that this was happening for you.

Best Wishes for now. xx  

gail

Community Champion Badge

• My family are here for me Nelliej and my son is furious. 

I have a lot of friends supporting me too. It is just so frustrating and annoying as well as sad. His son has been trouble all along and often made his dad miserable. I really hoped he had grown up. He is 34! I met his dad 10+ years after his parents divorced! I owed him nothing! 

Xxx

• Maybe the son needs some home truths telling! I would hazard a guess he won't have the money for a solicitor to carry out his threats of suing you. You don't owe him anything and you've been more than fair giving him keepsakes.  Keep your dignity and keep them at arms length and ignore him. Stick with your family- they'll carry you through xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • I have blocked their calls. My dad says the same about a solicitor and there is nothing to sue me for anyway. 

I was his wife and next if kin so he has no case. Hopefully if I ignore him he will disappear. Ric will know I did everything.possible I think so he can live with his own guilt. I have none. I cared and loved Ric, gave him everything in.lufe and death and he loved us. We gave him his last Christmas and he died as happy as he could be. 

But thank you Bootsy xxx

• Hi Alison my heart goes out to you ...Ric's kids sound like all they are after is money never there for their Dad bet your kids did more for him than his own...the son sounds a right nightmare of a man but like folk have said bet he can't take it any further 

its so hard for your family without all the trouble if he cause any more trouble go to the police and get a court order to stay away and not to contact you or your family sure he will not like that .X

• Sadly they had a court order to stay away from Ric's parents. I will if I have to. I am hoping that blocking them means they can only contact by mail. They fortunately live 4 hours away.

My children have been instructed to dial 999 if they arrive but I fear my son would just smack him one (not his passive character but he is very protective). My brothers live close by and my dad would get here in 20 mins too. I am well protected. They don't know where I work. 

Ric's surviving sister won't entertain them either. Hopefully he will give up. I didn't even get left with anything except enough to pay the funeral but he thinks Ric has a share in my house which I never did because it is mine and my first husbands and my children's security.

It wouldn't  be so annoying but none of his kids have ever worked and claim benefits. My children do and have! 

Xxx