At a loss

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi my name is Angie, I lost my husband 1 may this year after nursing him at home , we had 43 years together we were so close I’m devastated , wonder if others are left wondering where do u fit in in life , I’ve lost myself somehow , just anxious all the time , made worse by Covid as can’t mix . 

• Hi Angie

Sorry for your loss. It does get easier to bear and you to move forward. We all move at different places, no right or wrong way. Eventually, you will find you manage hours, days and even weeks without tears and then something will happen and bang here you go again but the I find everytime I pick myself back up. 

You are still in early days. I found once I managed to lay Ric to rest, it got easier. I couldn't scatter him because of covid. 

Keep posting, you will get lots of support here

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hello CearaAustin1 - so hard and you hit the nail on the head for me today - where do you fit in - such a loss like your destabilises everything.  The loss of a partner is hard enough and then the knock on of how it affects all other things and relationships and outlook on life - Offering you a warm hello and a gentle smile

• Hi Angie

Sorry you have had to join the group, though you are welcome, and you will get a lot of support, from every one here.

The way you are feeling is the same as many others here.

I had 53 years and one week, then he passed.

I was cut in half and i was lost, did not know who i was we did everything together, meet at 16  so he was mt life.

I did not know who ellie was never been on my own, but it was one year on the 8th Oct since he went, and i am only just starting to fill a bit normal and finding out who i really am on my own.

It is not easy, one foot in front of the other and i did one day at a time, and i used to say to him got threw another day, then the days turned into a week.

Every one is so different, you are here with people that truly understand how you fill and all the different emotions that come your way.

I was sad, not a care in the world, i cursed him for leaving me and that was not me, at times i thought i was going crazy, well i am not, all part of grieve.

It is early days for you, but you will get support here, please use it, it helped me get to where i am.

Take Care Ellie xx

• Hi Angie so sorry for your loss ..like you with my hubby for 41years met him when I was 16 a holiday romance lol ..never been on my owen so I am finding it really strange I have our 18 year old son still at home so that helps ..

its been a year for me now ..sometimes I think I would like to go out for a drink with pals but have not done so yet also it's strange sitting watching tv on your own ...I think with the virus it has made it all the harder but also easier as you don't have to push yourself to go out ect ..also most of all my friends where our friends and in couples so feel odd one out 

it's still early days for you just take each day as it comes and keep posting hear it's a great group and very helpful as we all have been there