Hard day

• 12 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I have been doing great.  But today I have had some shocking news that one of my favourite uncles has died today. It was a big shock. He had been admitted to hospital last week, self discharged as he wasn't happy ( same hospital I had issues with) and he has gone within the week from stomach cancer.

I spent a lot of my childhood with him and my auntie, was their bridesmaid and still have the signet ring they bought me age 5. I was later the babysitter for my cousin. He even came on my first husbands stag night! 

I guess it is all still too close to Ric's death but it has hit me hard.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hi Alison

It's sadly not a situation we can avoid especially as we get older. But you are in such a better situation now than when I first began to lurk about in here.

We all will have bumps on the road but I see our progress as forward with set backs but never stopping that forward motion! 

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• No it sadly isn't. I am ok today. It was just the suddenness of it I think. 

I don't give in easily. I have been out tonight with the male friend and been really honest with him. Bless him he has had a good offer now. Maybe in the future I will be ready again. Who knows. But I think I need to find myself again. I have been in two long relationship, my first husband 26 years and then just a few months later Ric for 11 years so I haven't been me for long. I want to be the fun mum and a woman for myself a while. I loved both Simon and Ric but not really been the strong independent Alison which has always lurked!

That is my next move and I am enjoying going out with friends and having a laugh. If I find another partner later than that would be nice but not on the rebound. 

Glad for you though 

Love Alison xxx