One year anniversary

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

I’ve been reading all the posts I found from searching ‘anniversary’. Tomorrow it will be a year since Mike died. The posts here have talked about allowing time for reflection. I have found that to be really important, to think, to just experience my feelings, to ‘walk through it’ as a friend put it recently. I decided not to drink any alcohol this week in order to be fully aware of how I’m feeling. I don’t drink excessively but a glass or two of wine most nights has become a helpful/unhelpful habit. I’m spending the day with our children and grandson. And hoping to feel a sense of moving forward ( we still have not scattered Mike’s ashes - lockdown threw  a spanner in the works as he wanted them scattered in Wales, where we lived when we first married and where both children were born). 
Anyway I should sleep. I have an early start and a big day ahead. Lots of love to everyone in this supportive community. 
Alison 

• Hi Alison

I hope the anniversary went ok. 

Lockdown mucked up scattering Ric but I finally found a significant date for him and scattered him in August. It has helped me enormously. I feel that I have set him free and I am sure he is happy there. All through lockdown I felt bad that he was just sat around! 

I was also in the habit of a glass of wine but I have stopped it because of weight gain! 

I have become more social now and am developing friends with people my own age in similar circumstances. 

Take care

Love and hugs Alison xxx