Unsure

• 23 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi All, 

It is 8 months since Ric passed and I am trying to move forward. I redecorated last week and took our wedding photo off the wall. I have replaced it with a couple in the rain holding a purple (my fav colour) umbrella. Ric would have always shared an umbrella so although it is a neutral picture it sort of isn't. I have painted the walls in grey with a mulberry purple feature wall! Ric would have groaned but it is me!!! I have ordered a new three piece too. I am very eased with the room and have changed furniture too. I wanted it to be me!! 

I went out tonight with an old male friend. He has just split with his girlfriend. I am happy to be friends and had a nice evening, just casually chatting. He has asked me to have Sunday lunch too in a pub. He never touched me or anything and he knows I am not looking for anyone but I feel he may want more. Not sure how I should manage this one. I don't want to upset him, he is a nice guy but not my type but lovely to chat to. Just thinking that I should maybe nip it in the bud even if I had a nice time before it gets complicated. 

Love Alison xxx

• I think if it was me I would put off catching up with him again for a couple of weeks at least. His hopes may be increased if you meet up so soon after your last meet up. He might think you're keen if you do! 

Well done on the decorating. Our rooms are desperately in need of doing too, maybe next year I  can hire you to do mine Thumbsup

Good luck xx 

Tomorrow is another day
    1. Hi Alison, well done on all your decorating, you never fail to amaze me with your achievements....you put me to shame. It must have been nice catching up with a male friend, it's different to girls but I kind of agree with Bootsy that it's quite soon to meet up again. However, if he knows you're not looking for anything more and you enjoy his company then why not? I think we have to grab our little bits of happiness where we can. Hope it turns out ok for you. Ali x
  • Thank you Ali and Bootsy. I am not ready for a relationship but do enjoy male company but I think he really wants a friend with benefits!!! I think this is dodgy ground!! I am not desperate for sex yet and I don't fancy him. So I think I can easily make up excuses as it is Hannah is 17 in 10 days and I am looking for a car etc for her. Also busy at work!!! Working overtime too. I may be doing a few hours a week extra permanently soon too. 

I enjoyed my decorating and had a sense of achievement but it was really hard work with my hip! I am going to get my hallway and stairs done from me though.i only do all these things Ali because being busy is my coping mechanism!!! I will probably crack eventually! 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi all 

I have a question how do you know when it is time to move forward  

Diane told me I had to start a new life when she was dieing.   
    but not that easy i think about the past and how lonely I feel 

take care 

Martin x

• I guess you just know. I met the old male friend twice now, had lunch today. He is a nice chap but I don't fancy him and I think he wants more! As a friend I can chat but no more! Maybe part of it is because I am not ready. The other maybe silly thing was our song was playing when I got there today! Might be telling me not the one! 

Trust your gut feeling. I have managed to not make another be date without causing offense. I think I will stay hidden for now! Lol. 

It is just too early for me. You don't quite sound ready either as you sound doubtful.

Take care Martin, look after yourself first

Love Alison xxx

• FormerMember

Hi Alison 

I do the best can to look after myself  but get a bit lazy and don’t want to do anything sometimes 

im not ready I still talk to her say good nite tell her I miss her and tell Diane I love her every nite and morning  

when I go to work in morning I dread it 

so no more lunch dates for you at the moment 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Alison

I tried to post a response to you last night and it's disappeared ... Must have said something inappropriate Blush

I think you should go with your instincts. If he's a genuine friend then he'll be willing to accept the fact that you just like his company 

However, please be careful incase he's trying to get back at his ex by seeing you ... I'd hate to see you hurt

Take care

Lizzy

• Hi Alison

If you're not interested your not, my advice would be to tell the guy straight and try to pin point the moment his world collapses! 

Seriously though if he has just split up with someone it's likely he either.

Needs a shoulder to cry on

Fancies a bit of hanky panky

Or cares a lot about you

But if you don't want to know you don't!

Better to destroy him now rather than later!! Smile

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Hi Mccmcc

He wants a bit of hanky panky I think but he has always been a bit suggestive. I have known him for years. He is genuinely a nice and funny guy but I think he appreciates that I am like his company but no more. He has been respectible . 

I have left the situation open but he seems happy with that. I am bit of an old fashioned girl, I have only ever slept with my two husbands. 

We will see what happens? 

Love Alison xxx

• FormerMember

Hi Alison 

do what ever you feel is right if you enjoy his company have lunch with him again 

take care 

Martin x