Am I married

• 23 replies
  • 29 subscribers

I took my wedding ring off today. Then put it back on and then took it off   I put it in my jeans pocket. I am a child of the sixties. Jeans are my go to.  I think about that ring.  I think about my name. Should I revert back to my born name. So many stupidly important things I have to decide on   I walked for hours yesterday. The sun caught the ring on my right finger and I was brought back to the Christmas he gave it to me.   I am unhappy. I can’t smile. 
i don’t look to the future. I am blind to what it holds. Everyone tells me I need to be strong   I want to howl at the moon   

• Granny sue and 1957jools 
    We miss them so much it hurts. Rings, pictures, things. We all do our own thing. My husband had a tile cutter that every time I look at reminds me of him. He had a tape measure that every time I asked him about tiles or curtains he would say I have to measure up first. My life with him is full of things. As is yours with the ones you love. Thanks for sharing with me. Together we might just be somewhere peaceful xxx

• So grateful for this wonderful group dont feel quite so alone its only people who are bereaved who truly understand.Well meaning people keep saying its early days but that not much help .This is for ever somedays will be better than others time will ease it a bit but we will always miss them its the price of love and one I would gladly pay again if I had the chance  Night night everyone x 

Granny Sue

• Ric's wedding ring was a replacement! He lost the original when drunk! I was fuming. In the end because he had lost weight he wore his dad's gold one to keep on his silver one. We originally had matching white gold ones! I was fuming with the mortuary as they lost his silver one and then lied about it. It was the first thing I noticed when I went to see him!! I have since had this out with PALS and it was found, he was sat on it on the mortuary sheet and probably laughing at me. I left both rings on as we're his wishes. His dad's was probably valuable! I think it was his dad's before that! 

I wear mine and have a beautiful tanzanite engagement ring with it. He surprised me with it. I am a real jewelry lover. 

Alison xxx