Lost my wife 2 days ago

• 22 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi all, 

This is the group I didn't want to join. I did sneak in a few times these past weeks when the news were bad and I had to try and feel confort that even in the worst ending possible to all this, there were people in the same situation surviving.

Juliette passed away 2 days ago. She'd been diagnosed a year ago with lung cancer spread to the bones and a bit everywhere. The last weeks everything went quickly. We managed to get away for a week (I'm so happy that we did!) before she was supposed to start another chemo that might help where the first one failed but it was too late. I'm surrounded by friends and family. Our 2 daughters are super strong and we help each other but I find it really to sleep at night. It's only the beginning of the grief but I hate every bit of all this already. 

• Hi Devin

Sorry you have had to join this site, but you will be made to feel welcome.

We are all different stages of our grief, and have all had our moments and this is the best place to air them, at times i thought i was going mad, but know i was not alone, and we have to deal with it as you say one day at a time, that is ll we can do,

So glad you got a week away, some thing i wish my hubby and i had managed to do, but was not meant to be.Only people that have lost their other half can truly understand how one may fill.

My grown up children really do not know how i fill, cut in half, lost, was always the two of us so who am i.

Its hard no getting away from that, i carry on for him as that is what he would want, i am not lonely like you keep busy, but i am alone.

Use this group i would never have got this far if it was not for the lovely people here, i am coming up for eleven months now.

I really do not  believe how i have got this far but i have, it is also coming up to our wedding anniversary and i am not looking forward to that day, we where together a long long time.

Take Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Devin

I am sorry you have joined, but glad you are surrounded by friends and family. 

Here, you can say things you find difficult to speak out loud to your near ones.

Well, that was the case previously, but it's a bit more obvious that the moderators are overseeing everything now, with the new site.Probably a necessary evil but ....

Go slow, friend. Sleep is only the thief of conscious thought, anyway !