Missing My Lovely Wife

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 25 subscribers

6 months have lapsed since my wife died.  That said the house doesn’t feel the same, it feels empty, it’s only resident a hollowed out me.  In some respects the surviving spouse also dies to some extent, such is the overwhelming feeling of loss, does anyone relate with me on this?  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jebel. My husband passed away on 22nd July & I feel so lost & alone. I think your description of “hollowed out” sums up how I feel. My husband & I We’re inseparable & I honestly don’t know how I’m going to cope. My sons have been staying with me but I know they will be going home this week after the funeral. They both live over 2 hours drive away.

I can 100% relate to your overwhelming feeling of loss.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi bud, i just lost my  wife only on Tuesday myself and my 2 children feel ever so devastated  i fill that the future seems very bleak i was with my wife for 32 years and my 2 children are so heart broken we were such a tight bond it just doesn't seem real i know times a great healer as i have also lost both of my parent in the last 8 years so i full well know time is a great healer  if we can help each other out in any way possible please do not hesitate to get in touch 

• Hi Jebel and Kernowp

Relate on all accounts, i am nearly ten months in now, and at the start  never ever thought i  would have got to wear i am.

Lost, cut in half,feel like my right arm was missing,did not know who i was and at times still do not.

Its a hard road .  Have to do things we never ever thought we would have to for me it was sorting out bills, doing a garden, getting plumber in they where all my hubby's jobs, but over time i have had to do it.

At times i curse him in a nice way more so whem i am digging up plants and shrubs.

The house is empty still and so quiet, and i still think he is going to walk threw the door, i still cry but the space when that happens is getting longer, though not easier.

You will have emotions that you never new existed  and can take you of guard when you least expect it to.

PLEASE USE THIS GROUP YOU WILL GET LOADS OF SUPPORT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WHERE YOU ARE AND TRULY UNDERSTAND.

Take Care Ellie xx

• Reggie i am sorry real early but we are all here for each other. One day at a time that is what a did just got threw each day.

Take Care Elliex

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Kernowp & Reggie, you should do whatever gives comfort at this time.  I’m sure you will have ups and downs in the weeks and months to come but that is normal and allowed.  Myself, my wife and I where also inseparable, I loved nursing her all the way cooking her meals and giving her medication.   My wife is irreplaceable and to be honest I will never fully get over losing her

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband died on 20th July, we would have celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary on 23rd.  It really struck a chord where you said it is as if part of the survivor dies too.  I miss him so much that it physically hurts.  I keep getting caught off guard and sobbing uncontrollably.  It is hour by hour at the moment