Coming Home!

• 14 replies
  • 26 subscribers

As most of you guys know I live in Italy, I've been back in the UK this last two weeks and now know this is where my heart lies.

For all our problems and quirks I still love my country and its people. Our diversity and acceptance lie in stark contrast to the people where I live. So I'm on my way!

All i need to do is find: Job, home and future! It looks like 2 of those are done...so next is the hard part, the move back.

I'm lucky to have some wonderful people in my life and soon ill be wondering what the fuss was about. But Ive decided to kick engineering into touch and do care or support work. Ive done it before but have always gone back to engineering for mainly financial reasons..

Wish me luck!

• Good luck fella! There's no place like home House  Carla's final resting place will be well looked after by her family and I'm sure you will be welcome to visit there anytime. 

Hugging

Tomorrow is another day
  • Good luck.

It sounds like you need your family and roots xxx

• Good luck, home is where the heart is so sounds like you have made the right decision.

Care and support, as you will know is so rewarding in many ways and as long as you earn enough to keep your head above water you will be fine.

I also work in health and social care and get a lot of job satisfaction when I am part of supporting people achieve and maintain some independence. 

You will be fab I am sure.

much love, Karen

Grief is the flip side of love
  • Thank you all, it's a huge step to come back but something seems so right, like this is the way and the path I need to take..

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mccmcc

Mcc, 

I've only just managed to find my way back onto here and just wanted to say please let us know how you get on with your move back to the UK.

I truly hope that you find some peace and happiness and let us know how you are.

We will all still be here -unless of course they change the site again in which case I for one will give up ... give me an accounts system anyday!

Take care and safe journey into the next stage of your life

Lizzy x 

• Thanks Lizzy who knows what the future brings but so far the move back has thrown up some very odd synchronistic occurances which have led me to believe the path I am following is the right one! 

• FormerMember

MCC Just a quick message to see how things are with you?

Any progress with the move back to the UK and anything on the horizon job wise?

It's a very strange time we are living in, redundancies, more local lockdowns this evening, the situation with France hopefully you will be able to get back to the UK without too many issues.

Am I allowed to ask which area of the UK you are hoping to settle in?

Take care of yourself

Lizzy x

• Lizzy. You can ask away, its the midlands, I was born in Shropshire but this is further south, the nearest big town is Worcester and I would say I'm about 20 miles north of it, to be honest I don't know the area that well but job opportunities were a plenty.

I have an offer of work as a care and support worker which is what I want to do.

I have a place to rent and just need to get sorted and back....

Thank you for asking!

• FormerMember

Morning MCC, 

I know that area fairly well. I'm guessing that you are somewhere within the M5 / M42 corridor if you are north of Worcester.

If there's anything you need to know about the area, you can always send me a private message via the friends page.

I wish you well, you deserve a break and it looks like things are falling into place for you 

Lizzy x

• Lizzy, apologies if this sounds a bit weird, are you in the area or do you just know it?

To be honest a friendly local guide who would permit a guy from Italy to buy them a coffee would be a most welcome friend. I'm asking in open room as to be honest and knowing your previous situation, I didnt want to creep you out by asking privately..

Please accept my apologies if I have crossed a line here and please answer honestly! 

Pensive