Today I'm wearing........Old Spice

• 7 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I'm dressed and showered. Today I am wearing Old Spice - my partner liked this and other rather bad perfumes, he was the one in the relationship that liked all the pampering stuff. I would be quite happy washing in Fairy Liquid. 

I quite like the smell of Old Spice - , so have drenched myself in it for a day working at home. I have got my own clothes on, but not always so.  Dogs have left the room. 

• Well done you.

Smell is a powerful emotion for me. I can only take the tops of some of my husband's aftershaves and have a quick sniff, they make me cry. His deodorant was my favourite but after he died the hospice staff changed him and laid him out for us and drenched him in his deodorant, I could smell it from the end of the corridor, getting stronger as we approached his room. I honestly cannot spray it now, 2 and a half years on. The smell takes me back to that corridor and his final moments. Too raw for me still.

• Ruby diamond x
  • Yes, smell is very powerful. The hospice staff also washed and changed him and they knew he liked his perfume, so he smelt of Paul Smith Green. However, they were much less heavy handed with it than he was. ! So I can still smell it without it being upsetting.  Cant bring myself to eat bacon yet as he had that every day for the last year and it makes me cry

• That made me smile. He must have really smelled good.

I can't imagine not having a bacon sandwich, strange the things that effect us.

• Ruby diamond x
  • I love the smell of a man!!! I use Colins aftershave everyday -Calvin Klein Eternity - I spray it on the pillows before bed!! 

He would walk by me and I'd say " ohh I love the smell of a man" to which he would reply "your man" quite seductively sometimes!!! The rascal!!! xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • That's a fabulous memory to treasure 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi 

Strangely my first husband liked old spice and Tabac, I still have some in the bathroom. My son calls it a middle-aged man's scent! I used to love it.

Ric always liked any old deodorant and wore an Avon aftershave when I first met him, I still have the bottle but he never wore it often. I chose not to use it at the undertaker as it was not really him. 

I associate tobacco smoke with both of them. Ric smoked old Holborn as did Simon or clan which is distinctive. I tend to get a lump in my throat if I smell it. Strangely they were both cider drinkers too! My son now likes a Thatcher's!!! 

I often think to myself they could be sat up there together with a pint of cider and a roll up saying how much of a nag I was. Lol. Who knows? 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Bootsy loved your phrase  He would walk by me and I'd say " ohh I love the smell of a man" to which he would reply "your man" quite seductively sometimes!!! The rascal!!! xx

My partner had a nasty trick of suddenly doing a big lick up the side of my face like a huge dog. He knew it wound me up. I called him a few things doing that....but it was him being a rascal.   I love that word.