Well What A Day

• 5 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi Every One

Hope you have had the best day possible.

My son was down for over a week to sort out jobs that needed doing, the last time he was here he found twenty videos in his dads shed, well he took them home to see if he could find out  what was on them.

He bought them back down last week he had put all contents on a stick and down loaded it to my lap top.

Well this afternoon thought i would have a look, was pictures of all the holidays we had together, and some are twenty years old,what some wonderful memories, the best one my parents had a party and yes he and i are dancing together and kissing each other, the tears just fled down, it was so lovely i could not believe it, to here his voice to see him dancing, omg he was alive, if only for  40mins.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Take Care Ellie x

• Aww that's so lovely  I'm sp happy for you!! I bet it felt like winning the lottery!!!! Enjoy xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Oh Bootsy

Thanks, i cannot describe  the emotion of it, we where dancing a slow dance and he was holding me so tight, and the kiss was not a peck on the cheek, it was lovely to just here his voice i forgot what that sounded like.

It was priceless.

Ellie x

• How lovely Ellie. What a fantastic son for doing it and what a clever husband for saving it all to be found x

I haven't watched a video yet, not brave enough. I have our wedding on DVD and computer. I love to look at photos but that is safe. Trying to listen to music sometimes but Ric loved music and played the guitar and sang so every song makes me think of him

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Gosh you are brave. I found Marks voice unexpectedly on a cat video ( that’s me all over ) and I couldn’t bear it.  Even though I’m trying , and managing, to pick myself up a bit now, that would leave me in pieces.i was just thinking to myself today, how well I was doing, and then reading this, with the  thought of being able to watch a film of us together has brought me right out into tears. Shows how vulnerable we all are at this point.  Well done, for. you.   One day, maybe. 

• Hi JSBach

I was not brave, i did not know what was on them, and half way threw, there was the two of us together, it gave me a nice feeling, he was real at times it is hard to think that he used to walk about this house, its like at times even though i have photos, clothes, his personnel belongs, its like he has never been here, but the video proved he was real the love of my life.

This is now what i am left with, he is not physical here , but with in my heart he will always be there.In one way it made me realise that this was me excepting that he had passed, as at times i did not want to admit that this had. I have felt so much better after watching it.

My hubby has been gone now 9 months, it takes time and every one is different,

Take Care Ellie x