Lost my husband 4 weeks ago

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi e everyone I'm lou.  I lost my husband Wayne 4 weeks ago after 5 days from being diagnosed with incurable pancreatic cancer.  He was only 51. I've joined this group for support and advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

• Hi Lou, 

so sorry for the loss of your husband. Jerry died 11 months after his recurrent Cancer Diagnosis  he had been free for 15 years. Your not alone and we all all experience a wide variety of emotions but grief is very different for each of us. Ive found its not a linear path After 14 months my grief And sense of liss is still as intense just not so frequent as At was at first. 

• Hi Kernowp, thank you for your reply, i like the idea of a memory box, at the monent i just cant seem to motivate myself to do anything, my family are doing all the arrangements,  phone call etc,  did you feel like this , its so lonely without him , its all the little things, i cant imagine the future at the moment  i just feel numb,  its an effort to get out of bed i have no motivation to do anything anymore. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Bluebell53

Hi Bluebell, I feel the same, it’s coming up for 5 weeks for me & I’ve actually felt worse since the funeral. My family did most of the arrangements, paperwork etc but I planned the service with my sons help.

My husband & I did everything together, we were like two halves of a whole & I feel physical pain at being ripped apart. I spend most days in tears, the smallest memory, tune, etc will set me off, I’m so lonely & my life is empty, I really hate this new life & simply can’t imagine my future without my wonderful husband. I’m exhausted too, I don’t sleep & it’s a huge effort to get out of bed. 

Ive sent you a friend request.  I’m sorry that I can’t say it gets better although for us both it’s still early days, I hope it helps that I’m going through the same emotions so you are “normal”?

Be kind to yourself & lean on your family. 

Sending a big virtual hug. Xx

• Thank you , i hope time brings us some peace.