To love or be loved?

• 12 replies
  • 26 subscribers

This is something that I have pondered for many years, my Mum has said "There are some who need to be loved and some who need to love"

I put myself in the second category but think this is a spectrum, Carla in all honesty was, in my opinion someone who needed to be loved. (I have no doubt she loved me, but me loving her was her thing)

So in the cold light of day,how do you see yourselves and your loved ones?

(I think this is quite close to the mark so I'm not expecting many replies but that's cool too)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I so understand what you have said. My husband loved us all .... all of the time & we tried so hard to cope with his illness & of course loved him & did our best & like you said really hope he knew how much we loved him. We were all with him when he passed away we didn't all kiss him & say goodbye but hopefully he knew we were all with him in his last minutes of his life. I held his hand & kissed him until he breathed his last breath so I will never ever know if he knew we were there but I do hope so & he passed away peacefully . My husband died 11th January 2019 but I am still so very sad & unhappy & just wish he was here he would reassure me & make me happy but of course he can't & I can't do anything about it. They say time heals it sort of does but....not so sure where do I go from here ? Not allowed to do this that & whatever but so many idiots are ignoring that covid is still about,just feeling very fed up. 

So so sorry to say all this but very unhappy 

jojo

• Jojo

I think unhappy is the default place here in many ways, but when most of the guys here post it is because they are maybe feeling unhappy and that's cool by any means as this is a forum where we support each other..

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"