Everything!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Been 6 yr now since I lost my wife at 46.

My best friend, my all.

Fought hard to carry on but somehow i just meet the wrong types..

Beginning to loose hope i can have normal life again.

I remember having this argument with Elizabeth on her death bed..she insisted I'd find someone new.

I was so insulted at the time..

I did date again but for some reason they all turn out to get jealous  of my love for my late wife..

I'm so tired of being so alone, in both body and mind.

Or is it just me that loves for life?

D

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yes we re all mad!  Lol

Solitude is my best friend!  

It's when they talk back , that's when to start worrying! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

To lighten the day for all those stuck on their own..here's a wee joke.

So taxi firm picks up the Pope from glasgow airport..

They drive on back to the hotel . Pope says this is a nice taxi, mind if I have a go..never get the chance to drive usually. 

Taxi driver says, aye no bother and pulls over and jumps out..

Pope gets in and off they go into glasgow..

Of crs the pope,s not used driving in glasgow and puts the foot down. The next thing , blue lights, siren, pulled over..

Cooper gets of his bike and walks up to taxi..

Hello sir, wee bit fast there were we not? Can I see your license?

Pope hands over his docs and the copper walks back to bike to radio in his checks.

Hello Sargent, you'll never guess who I pulled over says the policeman.

Sargent says ok let me guess gerard butler? No says copper, much more important, george Clooney? 

No says the copper but I'm not sure who hes got in the back of his cab?

Sarge says , what you on about, what do mean? 

Well says the copper, not sure who he is but he must be very important,

Cause hes got the pope as his driver!

• Hi all,

Well I am 53 next week! I have lost two husband's and at the moment, I know it is only 5 months (wow seems like yesterday), I think I am too scared to go through it all again. 

I love company and do get lonely and I am certainly not past it, as my kids think but I would be very cautious. Not sure I could do the hurt again! 

I guess you should never say never but it will take me a long time to risk it! 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Finding isolation hard..miss my companion whom had my sense of humour. 

• Oh Alison, I'm not surprised you're hesitant about another relationship. I cannot imagine how you have coped going through this pain twice. You are still so young though, it's a horrible thought thinking about being alone for the rest of your life. I try not to think too far ahead as it's just to painful and scary.

Ali x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to AliG55

Loneliness 

There are times when  we  all feel lost or alone,adrift and forsaken,unable to reach those next to us,or to be  reached by them. And there are days and nights when existence seems to lack all  purpose,and our lives seem to be brief sparks in an indifferent  cosmos. Fear and loneliness  enter the soul. None of us is immune  from anxiety or doubt,none escapes times when all seems dark and senseless.