Where Carla will be laid to rest

• 7 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I did it! This is where Carla will be laid to rest when her family can come over, it's in the dolomite mountains in Italy.

The graveyard is immaculate and is lovingly tended by the graveyard guy and the families.

• Well done you!

That looks absolutely amazing. What a beautiful place to be able to visit, and comforting knowing that Carla is with her family.

I still have Mark's ashes at home, I had plans, then bottled out as it was too soon. I know I have to let him go, he would hate to be stuck in a box!

It's such a difficult decision as we didn't have time to discuss it.

Ali x

• That was the thing we did get to discuss. When we arrived here I got a tour of the graveyard and aunt X and uncle y's abounded everywhere, I'd say Carla was related to 40% of the people there and it's very well kept.

So cheap cider bottles or rubber Johnnie's anywhere!

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Whoops I meant No cheap cider bottles.....

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Beautiful place, well done x

• What a view.  Stunning. And lovely description of the grave yard,  relatives all around. Nice. .  Big boy is in his box on the window sill and has a view of the steeet in front. Can't scatter yet and so he'll have to make do with car  spotting for now. 

• It's the view everywhere here, look out the kitchen window and you've got Mt Antelau living room Mt Pelmo, before we came Carla told me how stunning it was and I did the old "Yeah, yeah OK" but no it is stunning, you can walk for miles along nice tracks and go up mountains in cable cars etc.

Bit desolate in winter though -15 is not unusual! 

• mccmcc - just as a follow up on the what to do after.........Yesterday  I had a 5 hour session with an instructor on a Yamaha MT07 yesterday.

I dont know why it took me to 57 to have such fun. Feeling a bit stiff today, but what a blast. Considering getting something soon, not sure what. 

My partner previously talked me out of a big bike, despite having one himself. But life is short and fragile as we know, but focusing on riding has helped me so far, now just need something bigger. 

Loss is sad, but there are smooth bends out there and looks like you have the scenery for it.  Have a go with that Moto Guzzi  - partners just wanted to keep us safe, but there is also space for some fun or distraction