"When To Love Means To Let Go"

• 5 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to say that I am thinking of you all a lot and that I read all the posts every day. I am still in Germany with my parents and I know that it was the absolutely right decision to come here at the end of March because we are enjoying being able to be together during what is really a challenging time for so many. 

I am so excited to tell you that "When To Love Means To Let Go" by Melanie L is now available. It is a story about true love and soul-connection, about caring for a spouse with terminal cancer, about when to love meant to let go and about the journey of grief.

Love to all,

Mel.

• Hi Mel,

I am pleased you did go to Germany, it was obviously something you needed to do and seems to have given you some peace. 

I think I may have a look at that book it sounds interesting. I feel like I am a bit stuck in my grief journey at the moment probably because of lock down.

Take care.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Me,

I will look it up is it a book you have written?

I have just had a phonecall with my Boss, still unable to speak on the phone to people without breaking down in tears and she said to me

"I've never known anyone as heartbroken as you" well I know there are as I speak to most of you on this site but just confirmed to me that I am truly heartbroken and don't seem to be getting any better 17 weeks on. Don't get me wrong, I've done loads and surprised myself at how able I am to do new things but when I've done them I want to show my Bob so he will be proud of me and he is not there!

My god it's so hard and this lockdown has not helped me one little bit isolating alone but I keep telling myself I have no distractions to stop or delay this grieving process so hopefully I won't be hit with it further down the line as i'm living it every single day right here right now.

Take care everyone and one foot in front of the other, day at a time that is what i'm trying to do some days more successfully than others.

Sheila

• Hi Mel 

I'm not sure what is meant by a part of this books title 'Let go.'  It bothers me. Not having read the book maybe Im misinterpreting it ?  We may stop grieving to the extent that it some how no longer disables us but 'Let go?' We never let go of those we love. They stay with us in memory and feellings  till the day we too pass over. It reminds me of that aweful term 'Closure'  Like a time comes to pass when we can carry on almost as if nothing happened? There is never closure and their is never letting go. We just learn to handle it better.

Lovevand Light

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Well done Mel. It sounds like an interesting read. 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Wildcat

I might have have a look at that book . Is it in print or on kindle? I'm finding it hard to let go myself. Today is six months from my wife's death,two seasons.I have never felt so lonely in my life and spend hours starring into space. The one time when we feel we need to reach out to others and we can't.

I'm pleased that this forum is here,because it's reassuring that others can relate to the pain of losing a spouse.