How to cope with the loss of your partner

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 65 replies
  • 26 subscribers

i found myself in a place where I was the happiest I have ever been in my whole life. Then my partner got diagnosed with terminal cancer and she unfortunately passed away in November. I am still struggling to come to terms with that and I don’t know what to do to make things seem even that slightly bit easier. Some days I feel like I don’t want to carry on because then I can be back with her. I have tried to get some help to talk to someone about this but when I first tried to get this help it was nearly a year wait to see someone. Obviously now there’s no chance of seeing anyone with the current situation. I am finding that hard too as I see reminders of her all over the house, which I never want to forget, but being on my own I just sit and think about everything.

this is the first time I have used anything like this, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to anything that could help? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

hey martin I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved god its just so painful I know myself these past few days I've been a wreck crying in morning then I I know when I come in from work I breakdown again . How we miss our loved ones and want them back with us . My girl was in.so much pain for so long it was really difficult to see she was so brave. I hope you get peace soon on this journey nobody wanted on .

• Hi Martin

You can deal with this. You are a strong man. The estate is hard to do. Thankfully I have more or less dealt withost things. You can always ask if you need a hand or advice. I have a few belongings left to deal with. The things I am not sure about. I did give a jacket to his son I wish I had kept! 

I am going to be keep busy I know it is daft but it is the only way I can deal with it 

Take care Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison 

thank you. All Diane cloths hand bags shoes were all taken away by my niece after she died don’t think I could have done it   Ive got to make a phone call  and estate will be done took months to sort out to sort one pension out when world goes back to normal will try to scatter ashes decided what to do now 

the keeping busy thing is how we all get through it 

take care have a good day 

martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to limbo

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. One of the things that I have done recently is to go through the pile of books that my husband had bought, or had bought for him, that he was unable to read during his illness. He found concentrating very difficult. I have made a shelf of books that I am going to read and many of his books are up there. Enough to keep me going for years I am sure. The only book that I can recall him reading in the last twelve months was the Mortimer and Whitehouse book about fishing based on their TV series which he loved. That is on my 'to read' shelf but I've found it the hardest to pick up, but having read your message I think that I should give it ago because it might prove to be comforting.

thank you. Be safe.

DQ

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sheila, everything you're going through I am too.

3 weeks ago my world stopped turning.

Just wanted to send you a hug and let you know that you're in my thoughts too. X

Mandy x