Hi I’m Martin

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 21 replies
  • 25 subscribers

My wife died two months ago  I have so many different feeling. 

• Hi Martin sorry to hear that this site is a god way of finding out that the feelings u are going through are normal and you are not going mad  everyone here s going through the same and great place for support

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Thank you Ian  I still talk to her  feel guilty for being here the loneliness  but try to busy then give up 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Martin

I still talk to my hubby and its five months today, so your not alone in doing that.

Every one here knows how you are feeling, we are all going through this at different stages.

You will get a lot of support here, i have gained a lot from the people here.

Its early days for you and hard days, each day can be so different, i just went from one day to another like a zombie at times and now i have some good days compared to what i was having.

The loneliness is hard, when it has always been two of you, over time we have to adjust, our  partners would want us to carry on for them and for our selves.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

with my wife it was So quick  when I’m at work I knuckle down and cononstrate  is   because I drive for a living then when I get home then I start to fall apart their was me Diane and are to mad cocker spaniels their me xx

• FormerMember

Hi Martin I’m 7 weeks into this journey called grief and no other way to describe it as Bloody awe full. Every night I wrap myself in my Bobs unwashed shirt put his picture on his pillow and talk to him and then sob myself to sleep. Like you I am not to bad at work but my concentration span is short and I’m very forgetful but I just miss him so much much and the future that we should have had together that has been taken away from us.

keep talking on this site it makes you feel less alone

sheila

• FormerMember

Hi Martin

I did read your profile and was surprised how quick it was, my hubby was 10 months from diagnosis till passing, and it never ever dawned on me this would be the outcome or i did not what to except it, i do no know.

Do you have any family or just you and your dogs, must say i am thinking down those lines of getting a dog.

Your emotions are put to the test on this journey, but it is the road we are on and must keep going forward.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• FormerMember

Hi Sheila 

I say goodnight and tell Diane I love her every nite and cuddle up with her pillows  and talk to her pictures.  I have burst into tears in front of one of the places I collect from. Crying is good At weekends it’s worse do the shopping on a Saturday like I always have I’ve tried doing painting  I have trouble finishing it  are dogs were rehomed by my niece because working I could not look after them 

martin

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie  

it was too quick did not have time to take it in got told on Friday she had two months. Then died a week later  

our two dogs were rehomed by my niece because I work. So my life feels like it has  stopped and everything has gone  My family I have to ring them my mum ring and ask how I am.  If you have time for a little dog Ellie get one I  use to talk to my dogs when Diane was at work 

Martin xx

• FormerMember

Hi

Bit lost how to answer that can not imagine the shock, that must have been, and you have a right to fill the way you do.

I had  10 months to adjust sightly and was losing him more and more.

He lost his sight,he lost his voice and the use of his legs, it was awful to watch, but he is at peace now.

I think you will gain a lot from this group, and some one is always here.

My family get on with their lives which is what i want, but pop in often.

Not one person here thought at the beginning of their journey they could do it, but we surprise ourselves  at times.

It will never be the same as what we had but we have to go forward.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

thankyou for your kind words  it is good to talk release some of the feelings   My wife lost a lost of weight and seemed to look really old  I remember everything  I find it hard to eat properly sometimes and to sleep my weekends and evenings are worst  just trying to keep  busy does not always help I’ve read about people’s weekends my seem to be the same the other weekend I was in and out all day so I did not spend to much time at home 

Martin xx