Newly bereaved - 10 days

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello, wanted to introduce myselff. I have graduated from the other groups and now find myself here. My partner died 10 days ago. I have been finding it rather ironic that people spend a year planning a weddding, 8/9 months getting ready for a baby and then I have 3 weeks to get to grips with the death of my partner, face the bureaucracy and plan a funeral. All on top of having had very little sleep caring for him at home and then being a near permanant visitor at the hospice. Phew.

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your partner. It can be very traumatic exhausting and overwhelming.

Please know that everyone on this site will be understanding and reading other posts may give you comfort too.

Look after yourself, eat, sleep, cry and only do the essentials everything will wait. 

• Ruby diamond x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Nellie,

We have all been through what you are going through and it took me months to write something on here, I spent the first months just reading other people's comments.

When I'm really down and cannot speak to my friends and family about it I get help and comfort by writing on here and reading peoples replies.

• Dear NellieJ

I don't believe anyone could be facing what you are now. It's totally Heart breaking. You've had a bloody raw deal and I wish I could comfort you in some way but of course I can't. Just keep posting and expressing your feelings  - even have a rant!  . I've found it a kind of relief because I can express in writing feelings and emotions I couldn't face to face with anybody outside our forum. Bless you. 

Love and Light 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Nellie,

I moved onto this site 6 weeks ago, it’s a site none of us want to be on. So sorry for your loss and it was only a few weeks ago I was in the same situation and it’s overwhelming at a time when you don’t even know your own name. I had to wait 3 weeks for my Bobs funeral which was very hard but I think it took me this ling to write his eulogy and plan his wonderful funeral. You get through it in a haze but my advice is avoid any paperwork that will wait or your partners life just becomes all about admin rather than grieving.

Wont sugar coat it but it’s just dreadful this journey of grief but reading and writing on this site helps so you don’t feel so alone. I hope you have good friends and family around you as you will need them.

keep posting and asking for help and advice which is what I’m doing as not coping very well.

thinking of you

Sheila x