Just an observation.

• 22 replies
  • 32 subscribers

As a widower I've noticed that when guys post they have a minimal responce although kindly and empathic. And that's lovely. It really is.  But the widows seem to have a greater bond. I call it the 'Sisterhood'   Maybe it's because more widows post than men? Maybe its because women can relate  better to women than to men? Ladies threads go on and on as they all quite rightly empathise with each other and I truly don't have a problem with that. It's just an observation. So on reflection I feel McMillan should have a catogory for Widowers. Men. Where we can communicate at the same male level that it seems difficult to do on this current category. I know I risk being called sexist in today's modern society where political correctness seems to rule.

Lovevand Light 

Geoff

• Geoff I reply to posts where I think I have something worth adding and it really doesn't matter the sex of the writer. Actually it isn't always immediately obvious by the username.

I've posted and not always had many responses. That's just the way it is and just writing it down can help.

Take care.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Wildcat

I agree with Wildcat. Its often not clear whether it's a man or a woman as the username gives no clue. 

• I'm really thinking about your post Geoff.

I don't feel like I really acknowledge who has written the post until I get to the bottom and I want to reply. I then go back and re read the post to find their name.

I like to think I reply to any new members and then anything I feel I can relate to. Anyone of a similar age to my husband, or with children like myself but as you say just something I can relate to. Sometimes posts make me so sad that I don't feel able to reply.

I read most posts and often recognise names and I find it astonishing that members who are struggling themselves will reach out and support others in need of a friendly word. 

I think you might be noticing something that is an age old assumption, women chat or type more than men and I'm not being sexist either I hope.

Wishing you a peaceful evening Peace️

• Ruby diamond x
  • Dear Everyone who has replied, 

Believe me when I say that before I posted I gave great thought to this subject.  But I'd  not only been seeing this  but noticing the overall process for some time. Yes  I've had a few caring, supportive and loving replies to my past posts but very soon they run out .But  goodness Im not an attention seeker - a drama queen LOL Joy Believe me!  But elementary psychology does suggest that women are more prone to expressing their feelings and emotions  than men. As such that may explain what I previously labelled 'The Sisterhood'  which was never intended as a slight.Maybe that explains why men are in and then out of our site after saying what they needed  to say. And then that's it. End of.However  I'm a strange man who can express his feelings and emotions openly  which is why I've always prefered the company of women to men. With my gender its always about sport, politics , or joking. Boring! Even my dear Anne said I should have been born a woman. LOL. But at the end of the day women are women and they do share the 'Sisterhood.' companionship. And as such their extended threads  very soon  give away their female names.  But I'm at the moment in close contact and in privacy where us two Widowers can talk man to man about our situation. .Maybe that's how things are in life. 

Love and Light  Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff

I am not sure where you are coming from.

I have not been coming here that long, but i do read every thread, i have replied to a few as at the time they needed to know that some one was listening and felt the same as them.

Whether they be female or male it does not bother me, they need to know they are not alone and people in this group and only people in this group will know what they are going threw. If this helps them at the moment in time my reply was worth it.

Take Care Ellie "You Never Walk A Lone"

• Dear ellie68  ( A lady?) 

Please read my post closely and with more thought.   I've been on this site for about 6 months. And honestly I've seen how the trend operates. Non of my posts are critical of anybody regardless of gender. BUT there is a process that is clear to see as I always sign my post Geoff and other guys to sign in as men. However I can tell you that men's posts do have a tendency to fade out quickly  but many of the women's posts attract what I've labelled 'The Sisterhood'  By that I mean that women are better at sharing  their emotions woman to women than men. As such the  mens contributions tend to have less attention. 

Love and Light 

Geoff 

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

What's with the lady in brackets, i read your post  closely and with thought, does it matter what you sign in as we are all human beings. Here for the same reason.

Ellie xx

• Geoff you may find yourself with even less replies as I see that no men have replied. 

I don't know why it matters and if honest I'm sad that you want to divide us.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • Hi everyone 

Perhaps by the non posts from men a point has been proved. 

Love and Light 

Geoff

• Geoff I have been reading your posts. And I have been on this site longer than you have , does it really matter how much or how little a man writes. We are all in the same position, lost someone we love dearly, we are all here to try and support each other in this horrible time. So what if men don’t write as much as woman , we are all suffering. I remember when you first joined you said you left another forum because people didn’t like you mentioning drink all the time , and I agree with you. But why try and split something up in to “ sisterhood “ and “ brotherhood “ this is a forum for bereaved spouses and partners, no matter how much or how little they write.
    most of the things you write I can sympathise with , but iam sorry not this one.
    Mlke 

Love you always Winnie xx