loss

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 29 subscribers

hi everyone,

Lost my partner on the 20th November after a short time dealing with bowel cancer.  It started out six months before being curable.  it didnt take long to become life limiting than months and then weeks.

9weeks down the line I still cant believe she has gone and people keep talking about having at some point to carve out a life for myself.  That seems totally beyond my imagination and all I see is emptiness and bleakness.  I have grown up children who do their best but have busy lives of their own and I sometimes feel they are fed up of this mum I have become and obviously cant understand how I feel.

i have had some good days but get knocked back by dark days and feel like i have to start the whole process again....and the can i be bothered.  This was never our plan I was 10years older and would obviously be the first to go!!!!! 

sorry for the gloom but today that's all I feel.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

That's really nice does bring some comfort.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You ever Walk A Lone"

• Hi witches

I too have had coins suddenly appear in the most odd places. I placed them in Annes purse each time because I had heard of this phenomena before.In one small pocket of her purse was a pound coin and a twenty pence piece which I left there.. After finding yet another coin I went to put it in Anne's purse and noticed the pound coin and twenty pence piece had gone from the small pocket. I showed our children the coins I found and mentioned the two that had disappeared. However the next time I opened Anne's purse the pound and twenty pence piece had reappeared back into the small pocket.

Finally in the spare bedroom where I kept my aftershave I dropped the top off the aftershave and couldn't find it anywhere on the floor so I gave up. Two days later this top appeared on Anne's dressing table in the master bedroom. I can't explain any of this other than it was Anne telling me she was still around.

Love and Light 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff,

Had we not had the conversation before she passed i wouldn’t have believed it but I have absolutely no doubt it is a sign from her. It goes a little way to helping x

• Hi Sandra,

I am so sorry for your loss - I think I actually didn't write that at the time when I saw your post, so sorry about that, but I am saying it now.

It is a pity that your grownup children find it difficult to relate to you in this situation with grief. But hopefully in time they will.

I know that the thought to carve out a life for yourself must be beyond your imagination right now. And it is still very early days. In time, and almost by itself, you will feel some things differently, find that the very bad days become fewer, that there is more motivation to move forward (not move on but move forward) in the best way possible.

When Paul died in May of 2018, I couldn't imagine ever being happy again, the thought actually felt so wrong. But, slowly and with a lot of time, I realised that, unless I wanted to die (if not physically than emotionally/inside), I had to make an effort; so I went out and met people, I joined some MeetUp groups for walking and running, I threw myself into my work and new projects... I also traveled to my brother who was living in Malysia at the time and, even though that was very difficult for me to do, I was so glad afterwards that I had done it because it really helped me, through experience, to see that, yes, there was a life after Paul's death, even though it was not at all what I had wanted.

My husband was 68 when he died and I was 35. Because of the age gap we had always thought that he would go first, and I had felt comfortable with that and actually relieved in a way that I would be the one who would have to look after him till the end and not the other way around. And we were hoping, despite his diagnosis in 2003, to have a lot more time. I thought that perhaps I would be 50 something when he died.

I have to stop writing about it because when I think about how young I am and how much life I have ahead of myself without Paul it can cause me a lot of anxiety.

I am glad you have joined this forum and think it will be good for you to exchange messages with all of us here who are in a similar situation to your own.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.