Loss

• 16 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi Glynfree. I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. It is such early days for you.. my wife passed away on 16 July just over 3 months ago , like you we were always together and did everything together. She also died in her own bed at home what she wanted. The first two and half months I couldn’t eat , sleep hardly even talk and couldn’t stop crying. But the loneliness and emptiness was the worst part. Now I can eat ok but have no real motivation to cook for just one person. The dr put me on anti depressants which helped a bit.

But just over 3 months the loneliness is as bad as ever I don’t think I will ever get over that. And the future is scary to think about

This forum and the people on it have helped me enormously, everyone here has been through what we have so they all understand.

How long were you married for . For me it was 43 years and I have 3 adult sons who have helped me a lot. . But it will never be the same.

Take care. Mike  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you so much.  We were married for 21 years (both married before).  I just don't know where it's all going at the moment.  Just completely empty and lonely.

• Hi Glyn free it is a very hard time to be going through we have all been there and it's not nice I think the loneliness is the worst after you have got over the initial shock it will settle down a little but keep posting as everyone will help on here it was a godsend to me

Ian
  • Hi Glynfree,

I'm sorry you had to join this forum. I'm sorry for your loss. The loneliness the first few months is terrible, devastating. I thought I wouldn't survive. I'm here 10 months later, still posting on this forum which I joined a few months after my husband died. I still cry everyday, I still miss my husband but I can tell you that the rawness of the pain eases . As for the loneliness, let's say, I've always been a somewhat solitary person, so now I quite prefer being on my own than being in the company of others with whom I feel obligated to put on a brave face. When I'm alone, I cry when I want, I talk out loud to my husband when I want and I feel as depressed as I want. In other words, I've found refuge in my aloneness. I'm not saying this is the healthiest of approaches (it certainly isn't) but it's my way of coping. Being with people tires me out and makes me more depressed. Just hang in there. It will get slightly better, ever so slightly. And, believe me, if I can say that now, it has to be true. When people told me that in the beginning, I didn't see how that could possibly be.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    1. This is my first post. I lost my husband of 37 years to lung cancer On 1st 0ctober.  I have been looking for people in a similar situation for companionship and support (both ways).   Sometimes a phone call or a coffee together would be very reassuring.  Just wondered if anyone else feels the same?
  • This site is excellent for bereavement lots of support for your loss you will always get an answer what ever your problem I found it is helping me through a horrible situation hope it helps you to 

Ian
  • My husband too had lung cancer so I'm sorry you've had to fund yourself here. 

Take all help offered and look after yourself.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to limbo

Hi limbo

i feel exactly the same as you, I agree it does get easier & I agree so much with your words I could have written it. Thinking of you & all of you on this site. I agree I enjoy My loneliness too but do enjoy company too, it's so so hard I hate this new life on my own. The anniversary of my darling is January sbo maybe It will get better after the first year has passed. Take care all .

jojo x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi.  I would like to chat with others in my position of a very recent loss.   I  love in Sywel l area.    Up for a coffee and a chat but not sure how this works through this website?

• Hope you find someone nearby. If I were close I'd have liked to meet up.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember