Sad songs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 25 subscribers

I like to let my tears flow to song or a tune,, or a film occasionally. 

This morning I listened to honey, Glen Campbell. 

Am I torturing myself or am I releasing somthing that otherwise would fester in my brain. 

Honey come back!!! 

• If that is the way you can get rid of your grief for a while go for it we all have our ways of releasing the pressure or I think we would explode 

Ian
  • I feel it's more of a release. I too play the songs we had at my husband's memorial and it always brings me to tears. I look at the photos of when he was in the hospice looking so thin and desperately frightened and I'm right back in that room and I can howl with grief. Then I put them back in his bedside draws and go about my new routine, til I need them again. I have lots of photos of my husband around the house but only the happy ones.

We all grieve in our own way and it's as individual as we are. 

Take care 

• Ruby diamond x
  • At this moment I am  in the hospital where my wife died for my visit to the oncologists I had to get here early to avoid the tears that are now streaming down my face trying to pluck  up courage to go into Macmillan waiting room horrible 

Ian
  • Hi Newb , it must be hard for you being back there. Hope all goes well for you. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Rolf,

I agree with Ruby.

We all grieve in our own way. My opinion is that there is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to deal with death, especially the death of your spouse. 

I'd say go with whatever works for you. We all need to let our grief and pain out somehow. We can't just hold it inside us. 

Ruby,

I like that you have a 'process' for letting your emotions flow. That's something I'll have to consider in the coming weeks.

Rob

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Hi Newbe, 

I hope, everything went well for you. 

You are a veru brave person. 

Keep strong. 

Love

Andrea xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Hi Newbe, 

I hope, everything went well for you. 

You are a very brave person. 

Keep strong. 

Love

Andrea xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Rolf,

At a Bereavement Support Group I attended on Saturday I met a woman who lost her husband 5 months ago. They were married for 57 years. Similar to Ruby, this woman told me that everyday she takes some of the Jazz music her husband enjoyed listening to and plays it for a half hour or so and cries the whole time. 

Now she didn't say that she didn't cry at other times as well, but at least she seems to be doing something similar to you.

Hope that helps. 

Rob