Headstones

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

After burying my husband in may 2018 I have finally gotten around to putting up his headstone. It is bitter sweet as I wanted to have the best for him but it was the final thing I could do so put it off for as long as I could but it brought everything back not that it ever went away but it just shows how final it is.  People say it gets easier with each passing week i dont feel that i think it is getting worse I feel so lonely but I dont want anyone around me most of the time because I am not lonely for someone to talk to I am lonely for my husband.  

• I know how you feel been to see kids and grandkids sitting down after lunch started to get lonely was missing wife's infectious giggle in the end had to come home missing her more now than at the beginning

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi pollymoll, I lost my husband in September 2018 just three weeks after been diagnosed.we were married 52years,when I visit his grave I spend time cleaning his headstone and chatting to him.People say the same to me aww it gets easier,Well I don’t think it does I still have some really bad days and nights,yes so lonely even when with people,because the person we want there is missing, If you ever need a chat.regards Val.

• Hi

i also have just put up my husbands headstone, like you kept putting it off. My husband passed away in October 1916, it seems to make it finale, he never returning. You know they have died but you always image them retuning but putting up headstone is finale. Hope this making sense. I can’t say it is any easier you just get better at masking your loneliness your grieve, the emptiness the pain. You just go through the motions of joining in but deep down you are alone and are often thinking what is the point of it all but you carry on smiling but wonder how people don’t see that you falling apart. So back to not looking to the future but just getting through a day at a time.  Sorry being so negative but still waiting for “getting over it’ ‘getting on with life” so on goes my mask for people.