Wedding Anniversary today

• 12 replies
  • 27 subscribers

It is our 15th Wedding Anniversary today.

We had 13 happy married years together so this is my second alone. My children have not remembered and my mum is up visiting and hasn't said a word, even though she knows we are visiting Robs grave this afternoon. 

Everyone deals with grief differently I understand that but no one has said anything. Robs family haven't been in touch since his funeral. 

I miss my fabulous kind funny generous husband and it feels like everyone has forgotten him. I never will.

It's just another day, house work, cooking, and walking the dog . But inside my actually sobbing. 

At least the sun's out.

Hugs to all

Broken heart

• How lovely and supportive for you. Sharing memories is the best way to remember our loved ones.

My husband's family haven't contacted me or any of our 3 children since his funeral 17 months ago. We get Christmas and birthday cards from his mum but no support. 

It's awful, I knew they would be absent but Rob sat with his brothers, sister and mother in his hospice room and told them all his life was over but his wife and children would need support and love and help and everyone of them said they would be in our lives and look out for us!!! 

It hasn't happened. I am so angry for our children and for Rob that his family have let us down. But I will not change them so I refuse to waste my energy on them, it's just some days I feel this anger bubbling up.

I will have an early night and wake up a little more positive, hopefully 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi,
    This summer I went to visit my parents who live abroad. It was the first time they were seeing me since my husband's death in December. My mother has dementia so, understandably enough, she didn't always remember what happened but once she was reminded, she was sympathetic enough. My father, on the other hand, did not once mention my husband or his death, not even his name. I can't tell you how angry I felt. I didn't say a thing to him about it. Not speaking about my husband meant not acknowledging me. For me, it was a total lack of respect.

People act in the strangest ways.