Why can’t I believe what has happened?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

It’s been a year since my husband was diagnosed and the awfulness began. And he died weeks later.

I still can’t quite believe he’s not alive and not here.

I can’t seem to feel it deep down. The grief hits me from nowhere regularly and I’m crying a lot in the last few weeks and I miss him terribly, but I still can’t really believe what has happened.

Does this ever change?

Will I ever accept it and find any sort of peace with it?

it’s getting harder, not easier.

• Hi Moondog I am so sorry for your loss. My wife passed away 5 weeks yesterday so I know the pain you have been through and are still going through. People say it gets easier but at the moment I can’t see it happening. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Take care. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to winmick

Thank you Mike. And I’m so sorry to hear about your wife.

it just hasn’t fully hit me yet. And it’s been nearly a year. Maybe my brain is protecting me from the worst of it.

i hope you have people to talk to and help you through the initial weeks. 

Take care.

• Hi Moondog just read in struggling that you have a 5 year old son it must be very hard for you and your son with no daddy there, my hart goes out to you . A year is not that long so it still must be hard to really believe what has happened, I still expect my wife to walk in the door or ask do you want a cup of coffee. Will we ever get used to it , 

hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to winmick

Thank you for the kind words Mike. Hope yours is ok too.