Struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 636 replies
  • 29 subscribers

It’s just over ten months since I lost my wonderful husband Alan,but I seem to be struggling more now than the start of this horrible journey.Im waiting for a appointment for counselling but there is a 3month wait,I’m going to try and go to the drop in cafe tomorrow,it’s on twice a month.just hope my panic attacks don’t stop me,plus I have chronic pain syndrome.But I am going to try.Alan was my rock he helped me through my panic attacks he was always understanding and trying to do all this without him is so hard.I know we all are on the same journey trying to adjust to life without our husband/wives.but god it is so  unbearable.I got up this morning dressed to go out but still sat here,just feel lost in the town on my own.Sorry for rambling on but I know people on here will understand.hope people are having a better day than me......          Val xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to winmick

Sorry Mike obviously got confused about who I was talking to but we're all going through the same shit time xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Sorry got a bit confused and replied to the wrong person but thinking of you as well, horrible time xx

Anne

• I understand your mind must be in a whirl 

mike xx

Love you always Winnie xx
  • Don't worry about being confused I seem to be like that all the time just lately forgetful and very low so you are not alone

Ian
  • Hi Anne,how are you coping. I am having a couple of lousy days , trying to do things to keep busy but when I stop and sit down it all comes rushing back and the tears flow. Hope your days are better. 

Mike 

• FormerMember

Hi Mike, sorry you're  having some bad days. People say to me 'I expect you have good days and bad days' but at the moment there are  no good days really, just less bad days. I'm staying with a friend for a couple of days, which is a nice break.  She lost her husband 3 years ago so she does understand what I'm going through, the four of us were good friends and it's nice to be able to talk about our late husbands.

Take care Mike

Love Annex

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi. 

You are all right. There are absolutely no good days. I'm 6 months along and it's just a case of shades of bad days, no matter how positive you try to be. I simply try to get through today then tomorrow. It's torture, but reading everyone's posts, it's all we can do. But it doesn't provide any comfort other than comfort that we are all sharing the same pain. Helplessness /powerlessness /loneliness /devastating loss, were never emotions I expected to be confronted with at 54 years old. The grieving process is so tiring as you don't find any respite. 

• Hi Mark you hit the nail on the head when you said about all them emotions and trying to get through one day seems like a lifetime and then you have to start it all again the next day. Yes we are all sharing the same pain and it doesn’t seem to get any easier. Wandering around an empty house expecting your loved one to be in one of the rooms and then it hits you again. Sorry Mark this isn’t helping you at all . Hopefully it will get easier one day. 

Mike 

• Hi Anne I hope you have a nice couple of days,it will be good to be with your friends. I am sorry your friend lost her husband as well but as you said she will understand your pain. Take care. 

Mike 

• FormerMember

Hi Mike 

Yes, it's made even harder because my wife chose everything in our home from decoration to pots and pans. Open any drawer or cupboard, curtains /bedding /absolutely everything in our home is Jayne. No matter which way I turn, I'm confronted with her loss. It's absolute agany and I struggle with it big time when alone in the house. It's as silly as simply getting a knife and fork from the kitchen draw, as Jayne chose the cutlery and every other item in the kitchen and home. The garden is how she wanted it, so when I now cut the grass or wash the car I'm thinking who am doing this for. Everything I did was for my wife and now everything feels utterly pointless. I know this is grief talking, but it doesn't change how I'm feeling right now. It's a minute by minute battle that at the moment I'm losing. I'm clinging to the hope that this group of caring fellow suffers will get me through this despair.